February 16, 2005

Hump Day?

I am reading my emails as I get the kids ready for school and here is what I got from my local news channel.


Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 05:00:36 -0600
Subject: Hump Day
To: InMilwaaukee@Ameritech.net
From: TMJ4-My-Personal-4Cast@subs.myweather.net

Nevermind the weather. I never even pay attention to these emails. I have no idea why I signed up in the first place. Most weather forecasters are liars.

Marching on...How long has Wednesday been known as Hump Day?

This is a news flash to me, no pun intended. I consider myself educated and well cultured. How is it then that I've never, ever known Wednesday to be called "hump day". Have I been sleeping under a rock all these years?

I actually emailed The Husband to tell him that someone at WTMJ really needs to start checking for typos. He laughed at me and informed me that it wasn't a typo. Apparently, I'm just the naive idiot of the day.

Uh. I guess it's true. You learn something new every day.