April 05, 2005

Don't hate me...

because I have chocolate. Gourmet chocolate.

If this morning wasn't sh***Y enough (sorry for the foul mouthed pun) Lil' J, as usual held off going to the bathroom until he got some on the toilet seat. I don't know what it is about my sons (J did that too) or my kids in general. Such is life though. No need to deny it or be embarrassed. When you become a mom, you deal with crap. Literally.

So when all else seems to fail, and you have a day like I have, turn to chocolate. If your 11 y/o daughter just happened to have traveled to France for a 2 week exchange program like mine did, then you get to eat gourmet chocolate. Mmmmm. Her host family was so kind and generous to send her home with Kinder surprises, Milka bars, Lindt Bunnies, and Poulain Fonde split egg-shaped truffles. The latter were meant just for me. At first having chocolates all the way from Provence was too much of a novelty to eat them. I got over it though.

The Europeans really know how to make chocolate. Rich, creamy, and chocolaty. Virtually no wax, and lots more cacao. Yum. I've been spoiled. How am I going to go back now? I've taken up eating these decadent chocolates the European way. Instead of the whole bar, I'm eating a little square here and there. Savoring every bit. Truth be told, I'm just trying to conserve my French chocolates. ;o)

Deep breath. Exhale. This too shall pass. I can't complain, it only gives place to the devil. I know I'm blessed. I know my struggles are minuscule. I know I can claim God's promises. I can put my confidence in Him. I can believe His Word.

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12

I'm off to have just one more. Then comes the bathroom cleanings.