October 05, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about Melissa


1. Last night my husband and I got into a fight. It's the second day in a row that we're bickering, arguing, and saying mean things. Let's just say he's trying to quit a nasty habit and he's obviously cranky and moody and I've been with him way too long to put up with it. I know I need to let God work on me in this area of my life, but it's hard. I have a hard time putting up with attitudes and if you start calling me names, or be ugly sarcastic or insulting, I'm likely to give you a piece of your own medicine. Yeah, I got be that biatch. I think I fed up two days ago and hollared, "Um, hello? You know me well enough to know that I'm not the kind of girl that's gonna put up with that BS. You must have me mistaken for another wife. Don't ever raise your voice to me or tell me what to do!!" Of course I feel bad though that I wasn't the ultra amazing patient Proverbs 31 wife. Pfffft.

OK, here's the deal. That part was true, but he's my man and I hate when we fight. I had anxiety about it all last night and I got hives on my wrist. I've never had that happen before. I sent him an email; he was asleep already though because he tends to pout ignore people when he's mad and he goes to sleep, regardless of whether or not it's four in the afternoon. This morning he didn't answer me when I asked him a question--oh no, is he inheriting his father's shunning tacicts? I think my mother-in-law said one of the things she hated about her ex-husband was how long he'd drag things out and how he'd ignore her sometimes for days. That's sad. I have to work tonight and I don't want to leave when we're being stupid like this.

Richard, I love you. I hate when we fight. Stop being a poopeyhead and let's be nice.

2. My camera has officially died. About 6 months ago it was dropped when Mooch came running at me to see the golf ball sized hail falling down outside. I was trying to get some pictures and next thing I knew it was on the ground with the lense dented in and crooked. That was the second time that had happened and my super genius husband got it back in both times. I'm surprised I was able to take any pictures after that, but even so the quality was noticibly poor, even for a Kodak Easyshare camera. I crave taking pictures. Photography is one of my passions and the last year or so I'm really trying to improve and not just take snapshots. Richard said he's going to buy me a new camera this weekend, but now I don't know.

3. I've discovered I really like custard style yoplaits. I realized this when I didn't eat any real food for about four days last week when I had a stomach bug. Lemon and boysenberry and cherry--oh my.

4. Tomorrow is Mooch's 13th birthday. I'm both excited and sad about it. People, children do truly grow amazingly fast. Don't take one day or stage for granted. Think about it like this, at six years old your child is at the half way mark for being a preteen. At nine years old, they are half way to being eighteen. Thirteen seems so far away when your preschooler is 3, but I promise you it goes extremely fast.

5. It's really cold here today in southeast Wisconsin, but I love the Fall.

6. I've lost 10lbs in the last 2 months or so.

7. I'm working tonight and I have to close. I hate closing, the night drags on and I don't get out until about 11pm. I really don't like coming home to see I've missed a whole evening with my family. Oh well, I'm doing what I can to help my guy get ahead on the bills.

8. I love Christmas. I'm already looking forward to baking cookies, Christmas hymns, decorating, making ornaments, driving around while looking at lights, family favorite Christmas movies, and adding new traditions.

9. I'm running out of things to say.

10. I have bad posture. I can see that I'm slouched over this keyboard and I need to stop it or I'm going to keep shrinking and become a hunchback.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

[]