October 19, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about Melissa


1. I'm sick again. This time I have a head cold. My whole body hurts. My teeth hurt. My eyes hurt. My sinuses are going to explode and it feels like I have dirt in my throat. Apparently my immune system doesn't like me.

2. Richard got Splinter Cell 4 last night. He was up until 7 a.m this morning playing said video game. The bass on the surround sound is so loud, I thought the helicopters were really in our house. Oh the terror. Oh the sounds of war. Or maybe that was just the medicine I was on.

3. It has been raining for days. At 2:30am I could hear someone banging on our door. I don't know how Richard didn't hear them, maybe the sound of helicopters and guns shooting damaged his hearing. After banging twice she about kicked down the door. The neighbor said there was water in her basement and told him to "check your "sump" pump. He repeated, "Sump pump? My sump pump?" She glared at him and walked back to her townhouse.

4. My first thought, wasn't about the water that was probably all over our basement floor and the countless things that are ruined, but cripes, my kitchen is a mess and she probably saw it. Darn teenage boys, you tell them to do the dishes and....

5. I couldn't get back to sleep so I watched an episode of Zola Levitt Presents. I'm still sad he went to be with the Lord before I got to go on a tour to Israel. I miss his teaching. I'm a selfish person. To be with Christ is far better then this mucky life.

6. At 4:30am I was rummaging through the cupboards looking for some sort of medicinal relief. I found Benadryl and Imodium AD. Where was that when I needed it back when I lost five pounds in five days from the runs?

7. I gained those five pounds back and some. I'm bootylicious baby.

8. Richard asked me if this is what our home schooling days are like. Me sitting on the computer while the kids do whatever. I told him no, but they don't usually have to listen to the sounds of helicopters, grenades going off, and men of war screaming at each other. Does he really think anyone is going to get any work done with him home today anyways?

9. Vinny is tired of being in his crate. He is starting to put his paws up to fight his way out of the kennel when we put him back in. I hope his pins can come out of his elbow soon and he can walk around again like a normal puppy. Plus I want to dress him up in sweaters and a batman costume.

10. Am I almost done yet? I need to lay down.

11. Mooch is watching the Simpsons on her portable DVD player she got for her 13th birthday. Tchah. I hate when the kids watch that DVD Richard has. I'm going to hide it with all the other stuff I hide around here. wicked cackle

12. I have to close tonight at the restaurant and I so don't want to go. I can barely talk and I'll be blowing my nose every five minutes. That should be real appetizing to those who have just eaten.

13. I GOT A NEW CAMERA!!! A digital SLR!! I'LL STOP SCREAMING AT YOU NOW. It's just that I'm like-so-totally psyched. The only drag is that one of the lenses has a few small scratches and I haven't had enough time to figure out how to use the thing. I can't wait though.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!