January 10, 2006

I Haiku, Do You?

So, I've been encouraged to take a crack at writing a Haiku and sharing it on my blog. Since I homeschool and teach the basics of different poetry forms one of the last things I want to do with my three minutes of free time is do anything that resembles "school" I wrote some poems, including Haikus, when I was younger but I'm too lazy to dig them up. I dabbled a bit today and began to remember just how much hard it is to write a Haiku.

I decided to write more of an adult one for The Husband. I played around with it for abit. Something felt off to me. I don't know what it was. Maybe it's my perfectionist indecisive nature. I wondered if I should revise it and finally I did. Here's the final cut:

The cold night beckons
two lovers in close embrace
skin on skin their warmth

Curious about Haikus?
Read some from the masters and get inspired.