September 27, 2004

"Getting to Know Me"

I'm not a fan of these things, but I try to be a good sport. I'll post my responses here because I'm too lazy reply to all my girls.

1. What's your name?
Uh, if you're sending this to me, you should know.
2. Were you named after anyone?
From the Allman Brothers song
4. When did you last cry?
Tuesday 21st 2004 at the funeral of my ten year old's friend who died of a severe asthma attack.
5. Do you like your handwriting?
Why kind of question is this? I like it enough.
6. What is your favourite lunch meat?
Lunch meat? Blech. Shudder.
7. What is your birth date?
Aug 29th. You can just send cash.
8. What is your most embarrassing CD?
LeAnn Rimes-I Need You. I told to sell it on eBay and nobody bid. I'm not sure why.
9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
Why sure. I'm cool and I bake great chocolate chip cookies.
10. Are you a daredevil?
I had three kids under three. I must be. That or I'm a little crazy.
11. Have you ever told a secret you swore not to tell?
Nope. Unless telling my husband almost everything counts.
12. Do looks matter?
Yours or mine?
13. How do you release anger?
I've been known to throw a thing or two. I hate ot admit it, but sometimes I yell, but usually I just run around cleaning like a mad woman, mumbling things under my breathe. Come to think of it, maybe this is why my husband pushes my buttons so much.
14. Where is your second home?
Leota, MI
15. Do you trust others easily?
Not usually. I grew up street smart. You're all up to something until proven otherwise.
16. What were favourite toys as a child?
Kermit De Frog, Curious George stuffie, Strawberry Shortcake, Cabbage Patch dolls, Donny and Marie Microphone, Holly Hobby Phone, Pink Panther doll, Barbies, Barbie McDonald's, Barbie Townhouse and convertible, Uno cards, Big Wheel...
17. What class in high school do you think was totally useless?
P.E. I don't see anything useful in making kids get heat stroke while playing basketball in the scorching San Diego sun in 105 degree weather. It just made me hate exercising. And my teacher.
18. Do you have a journal?
I have many but I never keep up with them. Why, you want to read em'?
19. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Tchah, never. What kind of question is that?
20. Favourite movie?
Like with most things, I have lots. Some of them are: Meet the Parents, Goonies, Steel Magnolias, Princess Bride, Fried Green tomatoes, Sleepless in Seattle, The Great Outdoors, Christmas Vacation...

22 What are your nicknames?
Lissa, Lissa girl(mom), Friends call me Mel or Missa, The Husband calls me Violet (a childhood nickname) beautiful, princess, sunshine, babers, and sometimes beeotch.
23. Would you bungee jump?
If you're asking if I'd like to have a complete stranger making 5.50 an hr tie a noose around my waist & push me off a 3-story structure, uhm, that would be NO.
24. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Who the hell cares about this stuff? And frankly, I have no idea, I've never paid attention to what I do with my feet.
26. Do you think that you are strong?
Enough. I'd have to be, did I mention I had three kids under three? By the time I was 20?
27. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Rocky road, butter pecan, rainbow sherbet
28. Shoe Size?
For Heaven's sakes, this is getting boring. Remind me why we're friends again? Oh, I'm a 7 and a 1/2
29. What are your favorite colors?
Purple, pink, green, and black. In that order.
30. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
At the moment? That I didn't just say no to this dumb thing. Or my fa my ankles or the fact that I over-analyze everything.
31. Who do you miss most?
Probably my grandma
32. Do you want everyone you send this to send it back?
Dear. God. No. (I still love you though)
33. What color pants are you wearing?
Who makes these dumb things up and how are people supposed to be learning anything about a person like this anyways?

And I'm wearing dark jeans- Calvin Kleins.

34. What are you listening to right now?
The Husband, he just called to "hear my voice"
35. Last thing you ate?
Pretzel sticks and a M&M cookie. It was breakfast. OK, so it may not be the breakfast of champions, but chocolate and pretzels go good together, you know. The pretzels were organic. *snort*
36. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Purple
37. What is the weather like right now?
Sunny, brisk but getting warmer
38.Last person you talked to on the phone?
The Hubster
39. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
They don't like to clean up after themselves
40. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
I sure as hell better. Besides, do you think anyone is really going to say no when they forward these on?
41. How Are You Today?
Determined, sexy, reflective
42. Favorite Drink?
hmm, at the moment Berry Weiss beer has gotten my attention once or twice. Slushies are always delightfully refreshing.
43. Favorite Sport?
To watch, basketball, ice skating & horse racing

44. Hair Color?
Natural? Golden blonde. Right now it's a reddish brown.
45. Eye Color?
Green
46. Do you wear contacts?
No But I might need to soon. Is this almost over already?
48. Favorite Food?
Chinese or Mexican. But just about anything still HOT would hit the spot these days.
49. Last Movie You Watched?
Sky Captain
50. Favorite Day Of The Year?
My children's birthdays?
51. Scary Movies Or Happy Endings?
Both
52. Summer Or Winter
I like Winter, but I hate the darkness. I like Summer more, but I hate the heat. Go figure.
53. Hugs OR Kisses?
For you, how about an evil stare. Everyone else, a hug.
55. What Is Your Favorite Dessert?
Brownie ala mode, strawberry shortcake, berry cobbler.
56. Who Is Most Likely To Respond?
If they're smart, no one.
57. Who Is Least Likely To Respond?
My friend Shannon, don't blame her either.
58. Living Arrangements?
The Husband, four kids, three cats, and my MOM. Yes, you read that right. All in a three bedroom townhouse. God help me.
59. What Books Are You Reading?
Sadly, nothing.
60. What's On Your Mouse pad?
I think I'm beginning to hate you all. And for the question, I don't have one.
61. Favorite Game?
For card games I play 31 or Uno. For board games- Charade, Monopoly, Scrabble or Yahtzee.
62. What Did You Watch last?
Wife swap
63. Favourite Smells?
Lilacs, babies, cut grass, sawdust, wet concrete, rain, burning wood, fresh baked bread and cookies.
64. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
Neither, to me, they're both just geezers who shouted more than sang and were all about rock-n-roll mania rather than music. If it came down to it though, I'd pick a Rolling Stone song most likely, in my house that kind of music was almost a kids lullaby which is why I'm so over it.
65. Do you believe in Evolution or Creationism?
Creationism..they both have flaws, but logically I need more faith to accept evolution.
66. What's the furthest you've been from home?
I guess Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina or the the Appalachian mountains in southeastern Kentucky. Come to think of it, there was that vacation in Captiva Island, Florida.

Praise be to God, it's over. Beeotches, don't say I haven't participated lately.