September 30, 2004

Dreams and Satellite Dish Update

I remember my dreams from last night only because they were super weird. First off I'm at my grandparents house but it's not really their house. How original.

They had an awesome place near a lake and my grandpa was alive, (as he still is as I write this post) and still drinking a case of beer a day (he's 84) and being a huge pain in the butt. Grandma was chilling out but there was some freaky guy there and he kept trying to lure my girls out into the front yard, which was pretty much a forest and it was dark and foggy. I remember telling them to hide in some secret type niche in one of the back rooms, it was a cedar room with a ton of lights. I don't know if he was some sort of male nurse for my grandpa or the gardener or what but it was getting on my nerves that he kept trying to talk to the girls and no one was telling me who he was or why he was there.

When he tried to run off with the girls again I tried calling the police but the phone wouldn't work. Figures. Eventually I drag all these geezers out to the car and I hunt him down. I kick his *ss and get the girls back.

Then we are at our house but it's not really our house, again. The place is thrashed and an old friend from like 13 yrs ago calls and wants to come over. Ironically I have just started emailing her when I found her from classmates Everyone is being a spazz as I try to clean and people are coming over left and right. The place is quickly a zoo and I have no idea who anything of them are. Sounds a lot like my real life. I don't remember the rest but it got crazier. I'm sure I'll get a bunch of emails from dream interperators about this. Yes, I know, I'm a snarky beast who has control issues and a neat for orderliness. Thanks.

It was SO cold this morning. Did I ever mention that I willingly moved here. There was frost everywhere and for some stupid reason I left the windows open and Richard is trying to scrape all the frost off until he realized it was on the INSIDE of the window. I could have said something, but it was fun to watch.

Oh and I have to say the satelite guy came over this morning just as I was mopping the floor. This is another reason why I put off housework. I'm not fond of having to do it again. He informed me he's adjusted the dish a bit and that since it's not on the roof there will be times our signal will be crappy, especially when it's windy. Oh, well then. We're in southeast Wisconsin. We shouldn't have to worry about wind or weather.

Maybe he could have told me that back when he came out here and left me with no internet. Punk.

We'll see how it goes. In the mean time when I had no connection or TV I actually went to the library. Cause you know, I gots to keep reading & learning stuffs. I came home with the following books:

  • I am no one you know, by Joyce Carol Oates. It's ok so far, skipping around from character to character though
  • Ungrateful Daughters- The Steward Princesses Who Stole Their Father's Crown, by Maureen Waller
  • How the Irish Saved Civilization, by Thomas Cahill
  • Iron Council by China Mieville
  • The Diary of Anne Frank

I'm going to pretend I'm scholastic.

I'm off to make chocolate chip cookies with walnuts that are non-caloric.

I keep telling myself it's true.