July 22, 2005

I'm the envy of all parents...

Everywhere. OK, well at least many of you. (morning people don't count, you're all just weird anyways)

I actually slept in until 10:41am. Yes, what a loser I am. But I enjoyed every little many of it. Lil' J slept next to me, so I figured, I might as well stay here until he gets up.

We even went to bed at a 'decent' hour. I was alseep by 10:30p. My girls are still asleep. I have no idea what's going on or what was put into the water, but I'm not complaining.

I'll take some more please.


On a bad note, my 15 year old took a scoop of my chai tea mix without asking. (Do they ever ask?) Of course, he 'only took a little', leaving me with barely enough to make a cup.

Me: Uh J, where's my chai? I have no chai left. How am I going to make a cup with this measly amount?

J: I didn't do it

Snoo: See mom, I told you he drank your chai. I watched him do it last night

J: Yeah, but I didn't take that much, so stay out of it

Me: I thought you didn't do it, hey? Listen, this is my one luxury in the morning and you use up my last bit!? I was having such a great morning. I don't know now, this might send me over the edge. And it will be all your fault. Do you want that on your conscience? I'll have a valid excuse, you know. It's called I Haven't Had My Morning Fix Yet excuse. I hear it holds up in some courts.

J: I'm sorry mom.

Me: Well, you'd better be. I think they kill kids over this kind of thing in Russia. Good thing we're in Wisconsin and I'm still giddy over sleeping in.