January 24, 2005

Grandma's With Jesus

On Friday the 21st, she went to meet Jesus at five minutes before 6pm. I think it has sunk in for me. My mom was the first to notice she wasn't breathing. My two aunts and uncle were there. I am sure they are so glad to have been there. They are in the Twin cities area and were getting quite a bit of snow so it was past midnight by the time my aunt Nancy got to go home. My mom asked if Nancy's husband could come get her and take her home earlier, my mom just wasn't able to wait that long and be there when they took grandma away. Since there was more waiting then usual, I think it's best she left earlier.

Thank you so much for all of your cyber hugs, kind words, positive thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it, I know how hard it can be to find the right words. The memorial service will be either on the 12th or 19th of Feburary at her church which she loved so much. During the Thanksgiving week of 2003 I went out there to visit as my aunts from California were flying out too. It wasn't looking good as far as a surgery to remove the tumor or treatments.

We had a service at her church and I still can see in my mind her standing up with her hands towards heaven, eyes closed, and a look of praise, reverance, joy and peace. That is how I will remember my grandma Bonnie. A woman of faith, with deep love for her God, regardless of the possibility of a near death due to cancer.

In trying to find a poem I remember seeing about what cancer can't do, I found this
website instead. It's about Josiah, a little boy struggling with cancer. He is four years old, same as my Lil' J. He loves spiderman, same as my little J. In honor of grandma Bonnie, I will be ordering their bracelets for my whole family to remind us to pray for him, because even though God chose to not heal grandma, we still BELIEVE he can and does heal.