June 05, 2005

Don't send your daughter to school!

She might just get pregnant.

So I was reading my friends blog when she posted this article called
Meet the Kid Sisters.

How in the world does the mom figure its the school to blame? If you've got 3 daughters ages 12, 14, and 16 (who were obviously younger when they got pregnant) with boyfriends, I think you ought to assume it's a good idea to let them know about the birds and the bees, hey?

Oh no, but it's apparently the schools responsibility to provide your children with sex education? Not to mention, schools aren't going to teach your morals and values when it comes to sex. The mom, Julie, even mentions that schools don't talk about sex earlier enough. Uh, and why can't she?

Here's what she says, “People are saying I’m a bad mum for letting this happen but I blame the schools — sex education for young girls should be better.

“I do feel responsible, because they’re my children. But I do think sex education should be started earlier.

“Times have changed since I was young. Girls are becoming sexually active in their early teens. They don’t realise how hard bringing up a child is.”

Ok, so why didn't she tell them? Why didn't she tell them how hard it is? Knowing times have changed, why did she assume the schools would take care of it? Did she know her daughters had boyfriends? Did she think those boys wanted to play barbies? Julie actually says the fact her girls are pregnant is astonishing, and "doesn't seem possible." Makes me wonder if the mom even knows what causes pregnancy.

This is what I find astonishing, Julie continues, ""I was so shocked when I found out about Jemma. She thought I would hit the roof and didn't tell me for seven months. I only found out when I took her to buy a new bra and as she was being measured I saw her huge bump."

Know what I think about that? It doesn't seem possible. How in the world do you miss a huge pump on an 11 year old girl? Admittedly, I hid a teen pregancy for a spell, but come on. Jemma becomes as mom at 12 years old, and Julie doesn't even notice she's pregnant until 7 months? Does the mother ever look at her daughter? Or is she stoned out of her mind or something?

And is it really news to any parent that teens become sexually active? Come now, if you go back in history, you'll find the average age range of a bride was.....? Ta da--- in the teens. Biologically, a heck of a lot of teens want sex. How can this mom say such a stupid thing? *shaking my head in disbelief*

I have this novel idea, how about parents talk to their own kids as young as preschool age? Give them age appropriate knowledge about their own bodies, who can and can't touch them, and how things work. Any child molester will tell you that the best kids to go after are children with no knowledge whatsoever about sex. Besides, do parents really think their kids aren't getting sex ed on the playgrounds? Isn't it better for the parent to talk to them first, before little Johnny gives them a biology lesson behind the bushes?

John Askill writes, Jade said she became pregnant with Lita after a one-night stand.

She said: “It was just one of those things really. I wasn’t using contraception and I suppose I just thought it wouldn’t happen to me.

It was just one of those things really.......you know, before I knew it I was nekkid and impregnated. Nooooo, of course that wouldn't happen. Imagine that. Boy meets girl. Girl batts eyelashes. Boy cops a feel. Girl says yes. Boy enters girl. Boy deposits sperm into (fertile) girl. Girl gets pregnant. It's shocking. Astonishing. It doesn't seem possible.

Someone alert the press. Wait, the mom already did.
It's the schools fault.

When
I was 12, some boy, not much older, kept bugging me for sex. I think parents need to wake up. We're all sexual beings, and to think you can wait to some magic age to have that 'talk' then you've got your head buried in the sand. Besides, most kids aren't paying attention in class when those corny videos are being shown anyways. Does anyone remember those classes? I do, and I don't think most of the kids were paying attention. Sex ed doesn't teach your kids common sense either.

Oh, and here's what the 12 year old girl had to say, “I only told my boyfriend David, who was 14 at the time, but I didn’t want to have an abortion.

“He was my first love but now I’m gutted because he doesn’t want to have anything to do with me or T-Jay.

“He was great to start with but he’s got a new girlfriend.”

No way. You-have-to-be-kidding-me!! Please, someone hand me a damp towel, I'm about to faint from shock. My head is dizzy with befuzzlement.

First, there's a school at fault for the pregnancy of 3 children, all sisters, (homeschooling is really looking more desirable to me now) AND then one of the daddy's got a another girlfriend already? How can this be?

Well dear sweet child, of course he has another girlfriend. What a pity. Could it really be any surprise to her? What's that mother teaching her daughters anyways?

I tell my girls, who are 12 & 11, all the time why according to our faith, they should save themselves for marriage. Ultimately, they will make up their own minds though. Knowing this, we've told them what most boys aged 13-18 (and so on..of course ;o) will want to do if they are "goin' out".

Since they tend to make puking faces at the mere mention of this, 'like why would any one want to do that?' we lay it all out for them. Sex feels good. Every little girl who says, "disgusting" eventually changes her tune, because it's simply biological. They know the boys will try to get into their pants, because it feels good, and we've told them what will most likely happen if they don't think for the both of them. Responsibility people.

I want my girls to guard their hearts, minds, and purity until they are really, truly ready to give it to another.

Of course we want that to be in a marriage to a worthy man. Not just some horny boy. But things happen so I teach my girls that they have power. There will always be little shmucks pressuring them into giving it away. So far, they are not naive little girls. If I asked them right now, if a boy would stay with them if they got pregnant, (at this age) they'd laugh and ask me if I was crazy.

If my kids choose have sex before marriage, and if that choice results in pregnancy, it's nobodies 'fault' but their own. Being a former teen mom my self, (from my now husband) I know what the statistics are regarding teen sex.

Most disturbing to me, is its apparently not illegal in Derby for a 38 year old man to knock up a 15 year old girl.

Askill writes, "Natasha is still with Amani’s dad, who she describes as a 38-year-old gambler. She added: “He comes to see her from time to time. But he’s Asian and still lives with his parents — they don’t know about me or Amani."

Well, that's just dandy. Some pedophile, who still lives with mommy & daddy, gets a 15 year old pregnant (keeps it a secret) and gets to keep living at home?

And how exactly he is with her? He lives at home, keeps his kid a secret, has a gambling problem, and sees the baby from time to time. That's being with her? I think I'd rather be single.

Someone should get smacked. (And it's not me this time!)